the_rck: (Default)
[personal profile] the_rck
The c-PAP last night was not a success. I put the 'discomfort' levels on par with walking home from the bus stop on a broken foot and sprained ankle. My skin actually felt like it was burning where the nasal pillows touched. I'm going to clean them, assuming I can find anything safely unscented that's also mild enough, and try again tonight. The nasal pillows I used at the sleep clinic didn't burn, so I'm hoping this is something that can be cleaned off. The weight of the hose was also painful if I slept on my side facing the machine, and the headgear is, sadly, designed to put velcro on my cheeks. I think I can deal with that last by wrapping it. I'm not sure with what, but there must be something.

I kept the rig on for about two hours, possibly slightly more. The first hour, I couldn't possibly have slept even if things had been comfortable because Scott was playing videos on his laptop (while next to me in bed) and because lights were on in the living room.

I wanted to stay in bed longer than I ended up doing this morning, but my mother had said she might drive over today, so more sleep wasn't a good option. As it happens, she's not coming until tomorrow (or maybe not at all. The check engine light is on in her car, and she doesn't want to drive two hours each way without being sure that the car will make it).

The A-Ride folks say, in their canned message, that one is supposed to allow an hour and a half to get to one's destination. Half an hour for the pick up window and an hour for travel time. It's a shared ride service, so it's entirely possible to need to go far out of the way to pick up or drop off other passengers. I've done six rides in the last two or three weeks. Two of them ended up shared. Every one of them, the driver arrived either before my pick up time or right on the dot. Yesterday, I was at Medequip eleven minutes after my pick up and forty nine minutes before my appointment.

Fortunately, the guy I was supposed to see was free to see me early. I was done by the time my appointment would have started if they'd stuck to the schedule. They don't have an actually waiting area. They tell people to sit on the various recliners that they offer for sale. I eyed those and realized that only one of them was actually the right size for me to be able to put my feet on the floor while sitting. That's out of probably twenty different chairs. Being 5'2" isn't that weird.

I tried to do some editing yesterday and discovered that I was too cranky to deal with my beta reader's perfectly reasonable comments without shooting back sharp comments. So I sent an apology and closed the documents.

Scott went out and picked up the library holds last night. I had one that was set to expire today, and we weren't sure there'd be time to get down there today if my mother visited. We'll still need to stop by there tomorrow, but even if Mom does visit, Sunday will be less filled with things that Scott has to do. Getting holds yesterday means dealing with two DVDs that can't be renewed. I suggested we try to get through them both today so that we don't have to take them back mid-week.

PT is claiming I was a no show on Thursday even though I called. They aren't open today, so I can't call and complain about that. I did call. I did leave a message. My cell phone shows I was on the phone with their number for a minute and a half at 6:30 a.m. on Thursday. I wouldn't argue if they said I didn't give them twenty four hours notice, but I was not a no show.

The chest pain is less than it was. Breathing is almost never hurting now, and that was the most worrying bit.

Date: 2017-05-06 07:37 pm (UTC)
chomiji: From Fruits Basket: Hatsuharu comforting his young cousin Kisa (Hatusharu and Kisa - comfort)
From: [personal profile] chomiji

Have you been trying to acclimate yourself to the c-pap by wearing it for relaxing activities (like reading or TV) first, before trying to sleep with it?

Also, if you can track the hose through something that pulls the weight away from your face, that will help. We have a headboard with corner posts, and I lead mine around the post on my side so it's coming at me from above my head instead of from the side. At some hotels, where the reading lamp is attached to the wall, I have trailed the hose over the bracket for the light.

This picture shows the same idea, except they've actually got a bracket set up specifically for the c-pap (they also have a cloth cover over the hose, which is something I've considered):

I use Dr. Bronner's liquid soap - the unscented "baby mild" one - for washing my c-pap parts. I get it at Whole Foods but I have also seen it at Giant, which is semi-local chain (recently bought out by Royal Ahold, which also owns Stop & Shop in the Northeast). Oh, I see that Walmart and Target carry it too (online, at least).

Date: 2017-05-07 01:11 pm (UTC)
brunettepet: (Default)
From: [personal profile] brunettepet
It's good that the chest pain has lessened and you're breathing easier.

Date: 2017-05-09 01:51 pm (UTC)
evalerie: Valerie (Default)
From: [personal profile] evalerie
I hate sofas that make me feel like a little kid. :(

The sofas at my house fit me comfortably. Sometimes I wonder if a football player would feel like he was inside a dollhouse if he visited here. :)

October 2017

1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 1718192021

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 18th, 2017 11:00 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios